Longitudinal Magneto-Optic Kerr Effect System - KerrMapper S300 and V300
The KerrMapper family of tools utilizes the longitudinal Magneto-Optical Kerr Effect (MOKE) to characterize the magnetic properties of magnetic multi-layer wafers for data storage, MRAM, and other magnetic sensors. Utilizing a non-contact full-wafer measurement technique, the KerrMapper S300 and V300 systems create a map of the magnetic properties of entire wafers. Both systems are available in a manual-loading or fully-automated configuration for use in R&D and/or production. Using the proprietary direct field control technique of MicroSense magnetic metrology tools, KerrMapper systems offer high field capabilities and low field resolution to characterize free and pinned layer properties in a single system.
- Non-contact mapping of the magnetic properties of MRAM, MR, GMR, TMR and other wafers up to 300mm
- Vector field capability for measurement of Stoner-Wohlfart astroids, complex bias field and other measurements
- Automatic skew and angular dispersion mapping for post-deposition and anneal process feedback
- Measurement of patterned magnetic features using integrated Optical Pattern Recognition (OPR) hardware and software with measurement spot sizes from the micron to the millimeter range
- Characterization of multi-layer soft and hard magnetic films