Capacitive Displacement Sensor – Model 5810
The MicroSense Model 5810 is a single channel, non-contact precision capacitive displacement sensor. Designed for high dynamic applications, the Model 5810 provides high resolution with measurement bandwidth up to 100 kHz
- Ideal for non-contact displacement measurement and dimensional measurement over short ranges, from ± 5 micrometers up to ± 0.5 millimeters.
- Reliably measure even poorly grounded targets such as air bearing spindles and motors.
- High resolution – nanometer and sub-nanometer resolution is possible. Resolution is determined by sensor size, range and measurement bandwidth.
- Use with any grounded, conductive target - material or surface finish has no effect on accuracy
- Selectable measurement bandwidth – 1, 5, 20 or 100 kHz.
Select from a variety of available measurement probes to maximize measurement resolution.
Our 5000 series probes are available with a sensor sizes from 0.5 mm diameter up to 5 mm diameter to meet your exact performance requirements.
The MicroSense 5810 includes a compact electronics module (demodulator), with connections for analog sensor output. The sensor head, or probe, which detects the target, is connected to the electronics module via a 3 meter long cable. An isolated, low noise power supply is included.
- Industry standard ± 10 volt analog output via a BNC jack on the front panel for easy connection to oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers or computer-based A/D boards.
- The easy-to-read front panel meter simplifies probe set up.
- Model 5800 3U Eurocard rack mount version also available
||Single channel, stand alone displacement sensor with external low noise power supply|
||Single channel, 3U high Eurocard for rack mounting|
||Portable measurement console, holds 1 to 4 channels of 5800 module, includes integral power supply and large analog meter|