Precision Capacitive Position Sensor – Model 6810
Break the nanometer resolution barrier -- achieve picometer resolution with our highest resolution position sensor
MicroSense introduces our new Model 6810 high resolution capacitive position sensor. The 6810, in combination with 6000 series probes, is a non-contact displacement measurement system intended to provide exceptionally high resolution, low noise measurements. The 6810 offers customers state-of-the-art performance for high dynamic measurements such as motor and spindle run out – nanometer level resolution is possible at measurement bandwidths up to 100kHz! No other capacitance gauge approaches this level of performance.
- Designed for measuring “high dynamic” targets that change position, rotate or vibrate at very high speeds, including poorly grounded targets.
- Ideal for spindle error analysis of machine tool spindles, air bearing spindles and HDD spindle motors.
- User selectable measurement bandwidths up to 100 kHz for ultra-fast output response.
- Non-contact design for virtually unlimited service life.
- Current Model 5810 users can immediately improve measurement performance. The 6810 is a “drop in” replacement for users who wish to upgrade from existing 5810 systems – no design changes are required.
- The 6810 is ideal for use with our SpinCheck Metrology System – The 6810 is 100% compatible with existing and new SpinCheck systems. Existing SpinCheck customers can typically improve measurement resolution by 2X to 5X by upgrading to 6810 demodulators modules and 6000 series probes.
||Single channel, stand alone sensor with external low noise power supply|
||Single channel, 3U high Eurocard for rack mounting|