Precision Capacitive Sensor – Model 6810
Break the nanometer resolution barrier -- achieve sub-nanometer resolution with fast response - up to 100 kHz bandwidth!
The Model 6810 high resolution capacitive sensor offers state-of-the art performance for position and displacement measurement. The 6810 is designed specifically for "high dynamic" measurement of high speed rotating or oscillating targets such as precision Hard Disk Drive spindle motors, precision air bearing spindles and mechanical bearing machine tool spindles. Applications include run out measurement such as axial and radial NRRO (non-repeatable run out or asychronous error motion) which require resolution of 1 to 2 nm-rms or better.
- Target surface finish or reflectivity have no effect on measurement performance
- Completely non-contact design
- Advanced low noise design for sub-nanometer measurement resolution
- High measurement bandwidth - 1 kHz, 5 kHz, 20 kHz and 100 kHz selectable
- Current Model 5810 users can immediately improve measurement performance. The 6810 is electrically compatible “drop in” replacement for users who wish to upgrade from existing 5810 systems – no design changes are required.