Precision Capacitive Position Sensor – Model 8810
The MicroSense model 8810 is a non-contact precision position sensor. The 8810 is designed for best linearity and stability, with measurement bandwidth up to 20 kHz – ideal for servo system position feedback and fast tool servo applications.
- New model features ultra low noise design, sub-nanometer resolution and increase measurement bandwidth for fast response.
- Ideal for non-contact displacement measurement and dimensional measurement over short ranges, from ± 5 micrometers up ± 2 millimeters.
- High accuracy – 0.02% full scale linearity is typical, with no cyclical error or hysteresis
- Use with any grounded, conductive target - material or surface finish has no effect on accuracy
- Very stable – essentially zero thermal dissipation from the sensor head
Easy to Set Up and Use
The MicroSense 8810 includes a compact electronics module (demodulator), with connections for analog sensor output. The sensor head, or probe, which detects the target, is connected to the electronics module via a 3 meter long cable. A low noise power supply is included.
- Our 2800 series probes are available with a variety of sensor sizes to meet your exact performance requirements.
- Industry standard ± 10 volt analog output via a BNC jack on the front panel for easy connection to oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers or computer-based A/D boards.
- The easy-to-read front panel display simplifies probe set up.
- Model 8800 3U Eurocard rack mount version also available
Standoff is the distance from the target to the face of the sensor – unlike competitive products, our sensors are designed to provide full measurement range without contacting the target. Learn more