Precision Position Sensors for Measurement in Vacuum Environments
Precision position sensors that will operate in high vacuum or UHV (Ultra High Vacuum) environments must be carefully constructed from materials with low vapor pressures in order to avoid outgassing. MicroSense has considerable experience in preparing sensors for operation in vacuum environments, please contact us with your exact requirements. Our probes have been used successfully in FIB (Focused Ion Beam) systems, SEM (Scanning Electron Microscope) systems, Lithography systems and a variety of large experimental physics projects.
- Linear position measurement over ranges from 10 micrometers up to 4 mm.
- Glass-metal probes provide low outgassing and high stability. Probes are small in size to minimize surface area in the vacuum chamber.
- Vacuum prepared cylindrical probes use vacuum compatible materials and adhesives, and offer virtually zero thermal dissipation from the probe.
- Probes are available with non-magnetic construction.
- Several styles of chamber wall feedthroughs are offered
- Vacuum prepared probes are available for use with 4800 Series and 8800 Series Precision Position Sensors.
|Vacuum Non-Magnetic Probe
||BNC-BNC chamber feed through|