EV11 Vibrating Sample Magnetometer (VSM)
The EV11 Vibrating Sample Magnetometer can reach fields up to 31 kOe at a sample space of 5 mm and 27 kOe with the temperature chamber in place. That makes this the highest field VSM of this size. To reach a similarly high maximum field with competing VSM models, you need a superconducting magnet.
This VSM model can measure liquid, powder, solid, bulk, and thin film samples and is supplied with sample holders for all these types of samples. The excellent real world low noise performance make this VSM the perfect choice for samples with a low magnetic moment.
Due to a highly efficient magnet power supply design, no water cooling is needed for the electronics and because the electromagnet only needs water cooling for operation at high fields, the VSM can operate at a medium duty cycle or at low fields without the need for a water chiller. For many measurements this eliminates a source of acoustic noise from the lab environment. Also, removing water cooling from high power electronics makes this system inherently safer than water cooled power supply designs.
Temperature options are available providing a temperature range from 4.2K to 1050K. Unique to the MicroSense system is the fact that the sample temperature chamber is always ready for use installed on a slide on the magnet base. This means that one can switch to temperature dependent magnetic measurements simply by flipping a lever. In competing systems the temperature chamber is typically removed from the system when not in use, which makes switching back and forth more cumbersome.
Included with the system are all the options needed to run including the EasyVSM software which is easy to use for simple measurements yet powerful enough for the most complicated measurements you can think of.
Benefits of Using the EV11 VSM
- Noise below 0.5 µemu when used with the EV1-LNA temperature option
- Noise below 0.1 µemu at a usable sample space
- Field noise <5mOe with optional 1x probe or 15 mOe with standard 10x probe
- Highest magnetic field of 2.7T with temperature chamber and/or vector coils in place of any similarly sized system
- No hardware change between cooling and heating from 77K to 1000K or 1050K
- New helium temperature option 4.2K to 450K
- Temperature option always ready to use installed on magnet base.
- Safe and reliable air-cooled magnet power supply
- System can be used without water cooling for low field or medium duty cycle measurements
- 3 systems in one with optional Torque Magnetometer and Magneto Resistance options
- Small footprint: 1 cabinet + measurement station
|Signal noise (no averaging)
||< 5 µemu|
|Signal noise (with 100 averages)
||0.001 Oe in the lowest field range|
||1% when calibrated with calibration sample identical in shape and size to the measurement sample|
||better than 0.5% at constant temperature and if sample position is not changed|