Vibrating Sample Magnetometer (VSM)
MicroSense Vibrating Sample Magnetometers (VSMs) are the easiest to use and most sensitive vibrating sample magnetometers available. Whether you are measuring magnetic moment and coercivity of thin films or studying the magnetic properties of liquids, powders, or bulk samples, the MicroSense VSMs will give you the easiest and most accurate magnetic measurements.
Features of the EZ VSMs
- 0.75 x 10-7 emu noise at room temperature
- 5 x 10-7 emu noise at temperature is at least 2.5 times lower than noise of competing systems
- 10 mm ID of continuous range temperature chamber allows for larger samples and 2.5 times more signal than competing 7.1 mm ID temperature chamber
- > 2.5 times lower noise and > 6x higher signal to noise ratio than competing VSMs (when used with temperature option)
- Fields to > 3.2 Tesla, fields > 2.8 Tesla with medium sized EZ9, > 2.2 Tesla with EZ9 and temperature option
- Lowest field noise: less than 5 mOe RMS is > 10 times lower than the field noise of competing systems
- Temperature options from 4.2K to 1050K
- Automatic Sample Rotation standard
- Vector option with 5 x 10-7 emu noise is 10 times more sensitive than competing systems and EZ9 system with vector option in place can achieve a maximum field of 2.25 Tesla, 1 Tesla higher than some similar sized systems
- 3 systems in one: VSM, Torque and Magneto Resistance
- Fast and Easy to use with oven/cryostat always installed on the measurement system and ready for use
- Air Cooled Magnet Power Supply
- Space saving, flexible design with all components mounted on wheels for easy lab reconfiguration
The MicroSense VSMs are suitable for measuring samples with a very low coercivity as well as samples with high coercivities. The unrivaled real-time field control system makes measurements possible on samples that can not be measured in other commercial electromagnet based VSMs. The low field noise enables the measurement of very low coercivity samples or layers while simultaneously allowing application of a high saturating field in the same measurement. Whiles some other Vibrating sample magnetometers require switching to a Helmholtz coil, the EZ VSMs exceeds the field noise and resolution of those systems without the need to switch between magnets.
The video shows the precision and low noise of the field control, with ~40 mGs peak to peak noise even in the 20 kGs range.
The signal noise equals or beats competing systems at any gap. Especially at the gaps where most users will use the system most frequently, the gap big enough to use the oven/cryostat the noise is considerably lower than the noise of competing systems. Combined with the larger sample space inside the oven/cryostat systems, the Signal to Noise Ratio is typically 2 to 5 and in some cases up to 10 times better than what is offered in competing systems.
The MicroSense oven/cryostat offers a unique feature that makes the system more user friendly and much faster in use. Where in competing systems you have to physically uninstall the oven or cryostat when you want to do room temperature measurements, the oven/cryostat in the MicroSense VSMs is mounted permanently on the magnet base and can be easily moved in and out of the sample area by flipping a lever as shown in the video below. This allows switching between room temperature and temperature controlled measurements in a matter of seconds. All the cables and hoses remain attached at all times and the system is always ready to use and doesn't need to be recalibrated when switching back and forth. This saves time and improves accuracy.
The MicroSense VSMs offer a unique Torque magnetometer option for accurate and sensitive anisotropy measurements.
All MicroSense VSMs use an ultra-low noise air-cooled magnet power supply which is safer and more reliable than most water cooled power supply designs. The modern power supply design is more compact than other power supplies, allowing us to fit all electronics inside a single cabinet, saving floor space.
The powerful EasyVSM software is both easy to use for simple measurements and powerful enough to perform any measurement you can think off.
VSM Models available:
|Model 10 VSM
||31 kOe with optional high field pole pieces
||22 kOe (20 kOe for best vector performance)|